Dictum Society congratulates all that were involved in the 2017 Senior Moot!
- Winning Team: Binti Kamara & Elizabeth Joseph
- Runners-Up: Liam Currie, Danielle Hagan & Ryan Higgins
Grand Final Judges
- Robert Forrester (Barrister, Svenson Barristers and Lecturer)
- Dr. Theo Alexander (Barrister, Greens List, and Associate Professor at Deakin University)
- Harlis Kirimof (Barrister, Greens List, and Lecturer)
Director of Competitions: Susan Thomas
What is the Senior Moot?
The Senior Moot includes a Statement of Facts and 10 Exhibits on a contractual matter. This is a slightly more advanced competition in comparison to the Junior Moot.
Students who are interested in participating in the Hon. Michael Kirby Contract Law Moot Court Competition are recommended to compete in the Senior Moot first.
- Senior Moot 2017 Problem - Procedural Order 2.
- Amendments Guide to Moot Problem.
- Senior Moot Rules Booklet.
The Senior Moot itself will be held on the 16th, 17th and 18th May 2017. Procedural dates as follows:
- 26 April 2017 - Registrations close 11:59pm.
- 27 April 2017 - Questions for clarifications must be submitted to competitions@dictumsociety, subject line 'Clarification Questions', by 5pm.
- 29 April 2017 - Procedural Order 2 (Clarifications) and any Amendments, will be released.
- 3 May 2017 - Claimant Memorandum is due 6pm.
- 5 May 2017 - Respondent Memorandum is due 6pm.
- Practice rounds will be held in Week 10, date and location TBC.