Winners for the Dictum Society Junior Moot 2017 have been announced!
- Winning Team: Juma Makeur and Bol Mathiang.
- Runners-Up: Ben Dobson and Elizabeth Breaz.
Grand Final Judges
- Dr. Rajesh Sharma (Law Academic at RMIT, and coach for VIS Moot teams)
- Niki Howells-Schramm (Lawyer and currently at Australian Medical Association)
- Andrew Dowling (Graduate Lawyer at Corrs Chambers Westgarth)
What is Mooting?
Mooting is a mock legal proceeding in the form of an academic activity. It helps increase your understanding of legal concepts and put it into practice. Mooting is also a great way to increase your confidence for all walks in life.
What is the Junior Moot?
The Junior Moot constitutes an arbitration with teams of two representing either the Claimant or the Respondent in a total of two general rounds. Teams have 13 minutes altogether to present their Client's perspective to the Tribunal, using the Statement of Facts and Exhibits found in the Junior Moot 2017 Problem.
Note: It is not mandatory but recommended to have completed BLB1102 - Contracts 1, or currently be enrolled in the unit.
Materials and Rules