What is Mooting?
Mooting is a mock legal proceeding in the form of an academic activity. It helps increase your understanding of legal concepts and put it into practice. Mooting is also a great way to increase your confidence for all walks in life.
What is the Junior Moot?
The Junior Moot constitutes an arbitration with teams of two representing either the Claimant or the Respondent in a total of two general rounds. Teams have 15 minutes altogether to present their Client's perspective to the Tribunal, using the Statement of Facts and Exhibits found in the Junior Moot 2018 Problem.
Applications closed, Claimant Memorandum is due on 28 March 2018.
Rules and MATERIAL:
- Revised Junior Moot Problem (23 March 2018)
- Junior Moot Rules
- Seminar #2 Presentation
- Memo Example
- Memo Template
- Registrations closed: 16 March
- Clarifications and Amendments to rules and problem: 21 March
- Claimant Memorandum due: 5PM on 28 March
- Respondent Memorandum due: 5PM on 4 April
- Practice rounds: 5-6 April
- Competition: week beginning 10-12 April