STARY NORTON HALPHEN INTERVARSITY CRIMINAL LAW MOOT 2018
Dictum Society is pleased to be presenting our first intervarsity moot, made possible by Stary Norton Halphen Criminal Lawyers.
The Stary Norton Halphen Criminal Law Moot is aimed at students who have an interest in criminal law and would one day like to practice in that area (or you could just be an avid mooter - that's no problem!). This competition is comparable to the difficulty level of our annual Senior Moot competition. The moot problem is designed for oral rounds to be at an appellate level (Court of Appeal, Supreme Court of Victoria).
Two speakers are required in a team, as Senior and Junior Counsel. Two more members can be in a team as researchers. It is not mandatory to have prior mooting experience.
Please find the moot problem (case), and rule booklet available for download and viewing.
Victoria University students, if you have any questions, send them through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students from other universities, please send your queries or register to email@example.com.
- 30 July 2018, 11:59PM - Registration closes
- 6 August 2018, 11:59PM - Clarification questions due
- - Clarifications released; Amendments released (if there is a need for any)
- 17 August 2018, 11.59PM - Applicant Memorandum due
- 24 August 2018, 11.59PM - Respondent Memorandum due
- 4 September 2018 - Guest Speaker Seminar
- 4-6 September 2018 - Oral Rounds